If you need electrical work done, it is important to know what to look for when hiring an electrician. Essentially, you want to find a licensed electrician who has the technical skills to deliver high-quality work, is a pleasure to work with and will deliver you honest service and advice from beginning to completion of the project.
- What Tasks Can I Hire An Electrician For?
- Looking To Hire An Electrician?
- How Do I Find A Reputable Electrician?
- Factors To Consider When Hiring An Electrician
- How Does An Electrician Charge?
- Get A Quote?
What Tasks Can I Hire An Electrician For?
An electrician’s job is to plan, install and maintain electrical wiring systems across a wide variety of environments. These may be located in residential homes and commercial buildings, or even large pieces of equipment such as industrial machinery. Like with many specialties there can be huge variation in the paths that licensed electricians take, however there are a few aspects of electrical work that are common to all of them. In general, a typical electrician will:
- Read electrical, architectural and mechanical diagrams or drawings.
- Understand electrical specifications and electrical theory to determine job requirements.
- Plan appropriate layouts for electrical wires and wiring systems.
- Identify the right electrical equipment for a particular job.
- Install lighting, power outlets, conduits, cable trays, ladder racks, circuit breakers and emergency lighting.
- Carry out fault-finding.
- Test, repair and maintain electrical equipment.
- Connect electrical equipment and appliances.
- Install motors and switchboards.
- Install automated electrical controls.
- Install voice and data cabling.
In addition, electricians are responsible for more specific jobs depending on their specialisations and the project requirements.
Looking To Hire An Electrician?
At 73 Electrical, we believe the best electrician will always be on time, and provide prompt personalised service at a fair price. Just like you, we think any job worth doing is best done properly so we don’t take any shortcuts, meaning you can have peace of mind that the job is done right.
Based in Mount Gravatt East, Brisbane our home electrical services include:
- new home installations
- full home re-wire, including new switchboard
- ceiling fans
- air conditioner installation
- stoves / ovens
- sensor lighting/security lighting
- lights / dimmer switches
- power points (indoor and outdoor weather proof)
- phone & data cabling
- fault finding
- safety switches
- surge protection
- garden lighting
- switchboard upgrades
- mains upgrades
- electric hot water systems
- bathroom heat & exhaust fan systems
- smoke alarm installation & testing
- home safety inspections/test & tagging
- and more.
Our licensed, qualified and professional electricians also provide electrical services including for:
- Rental properties
- Ceiling, exhaust & outdoor fans
- Air Conditioning
- Switchboards & Safety Switches
- Smoke Alarms
How Do I Find A Reputable Electrician?
It is important to hire a professional and qualified electrician to help you whenever you have electrical work to be completed in your home or business. Electricity is extremely dangerous and electrical faults can have catastrophic consequences if not properly attended to by a professional electrician.
While you may feel that you are in a position to handle some minor electrical repairs or installations, the situation can easily get out of hand and endanger your life and everyone around you in the process. In fact, electrical faults are responsible for numerous fire accidents in many residential and commercial buildings globally.
Factors To Consider When Hiring An Electrician
- Professionalism – It is important to work with someone who maintains high levels of professionalism for the safety of your home or business. You can always tell whether the technician you are about to hire is a professional or not from the moment you contact them. A good electrician will make you feel important without even meeting him/her in person. Take note of how they communicate with you, their attitude, flexibility, integrity, honesty, friendliness, appearance and courteousness among other things. If you’re gut tells you something is off then they might not be the right fit for you.
- Qualifications (Certified Electrician) – A good electrician will have the right qualifications and certifications from relevant authorities. It can be tempting to hire someone without any relevant qualifications to save a few dollars. By working with a highly qualified, skilled and certified electrician, you can be rest assured of getting value for your money.
- Experience- Besides checking for qualifications and permits among other credentials from an electrician, it is crucial to work with an experienced professional. Hiring inexperienced electricians can have many disadvantages for you. A highly experienced, skilled and well-trained electrician, on the other hand, will ensure that you receive quality work and service. Look for their customer reviews online as well as feedback on their official website or social media pages.
- Affordability- Electrical services should be affordable. Consider comparing electrical service charges from various electricians before making your final decision. Bear in mind that cheaper does not mean better and factor in their qualifications and experience. You should be looking for a fair price for the service you require.
- Insurance- A professional electrician should be insured. In this line of profession, anything can happen. For your own benefit, you should always insist on hiring an electrician who is fully licensed and insured.
How Does An Electrician Charge?
When it comes to electrical work each property is different but we understand that everyone needs a starting point to be able to work out what things may cost. That is why, to give you an idea on cost, we are happy to provide you with an estimate for your job over the phone or email.
Can I Get A Quote?
When you call 73 Electrical, you will speak with the owner operator, Dennis Vogler, a qualified and fully licenced electrician. This means you can be sure the information you are being given is right.
We service all areas in Brisbane & the Gold Coast.
When choosing 73 Electrical, you can expect the following:
- Electrician arriving on time
- Professional electrical advice
- Service times to suit you
- Competitive pricing
- And we will even clean up after ourselves!
For a full quote on cost we will generally come out and look at what you would like done. This is a free service and will allow us to provide a more accurate quote for your job.
We welcome any opportunity to beat other quotes to ensure you’re getting the best deal possible for quality electrical work.